30.11.10

Blessed are the wreathmakers


I think i may have used that post title before.

We are preparing for the first of out Christmas extravaganzas at the Garage Deli. I have made Mr Woodfiredoven a wreath for his door.

Before the day is out i shall make several more, and tablecentres and all manner of Christmas things.

The jury is still out on the Martha inspired moss one, she suggests hot glue gunning moss into the cracks, and i think she may be right.

I'm just not really a hot glue gun kinda gal.

7 comments:

Admin said...

oooh, I've just spotted the pheasant feather in the top wreath and got very excited. I spent all afternoon on sunday plucking pheasants for wreath making. I love the beautiful mix you chose! Beautiful. x

Pennie said...

I like the moss one - it's perfect because it's not perfect.

Emily Thompson Flowers said...

Gorgeous. You're right, glue guns are for amateurs. Solidarity amongst masochists.

Anonymous said...

Hello lovely, I saw the wreaths in Pollen the other day, just dreadful. My meagre attempt looked simply stunning in comparison. Looking forward to the 8th Chez Garage Deli. Mrs T-J x

Allison said...

Lovely! I haven't had any opportunities to make wreathes this year. Beginning to think I might have to go ahead without any good excuse (such as a client). I do love the moss wreath! How did you make it if not with glue?
I myself am a HUGE fan of hot glue, though *rarely* to never when it involves flowers.

the handmade hipster said...

Don't do the glue gun! It's perfectly lovely and charming as it is.

Minna Mercke Schmidt said...

Love your wreaths! Hugs from another wreath maker :) /Minna :)