27.9.12

I wonder


if you know which one of these cut roses is the David Austin "English" garden rose?

*Opens can of worms*

and if i will ever stop listening to Rodriguez?
















The answer is number 3. All the others are Dutch. This is why I don't buy them. Most of the time they come all the way from licensed growers in Kenya or Ecuador. You can knock the Dutch growers and their hothouses all you like, but at least you know what you are getting.

I wish i knew how to put text upside down like in the puzzle pages. 

4 comments:

cara said...

oooh, controversial.

Don't like DA roses myself. They mostly look like cabbages cut in half.

Becca said...

I like 1,2 and 4 the best. I find this ironic. Particularly 1 and 4

Jenny Debeaux said...

My favourite rose is David Austin's Brother Cadfael - gorgeous perfume and fantastic shape! If you're at all depressed/low etc., bury your nose deep into the rose and it will lift your spirits! The rose Deep Secret does the same, too!

Julia P. said...

What Becca said...(recon I could have saved myself £40 on the wedding flowers). Was a bit disappointed when the delivery arrived and the realisation dawned that other roses would have done perfectly well, too.